The Heart of Texas Foundation supports the mission and goals of TDCJ and the Rehabilitation Programs Division. As the service providers of the Field Ministers Program, we want to take the next step in preparing graduates of Scarborough College to be even more effective once they reach their outlying units to begin their work as Field Ministers.
The Field Ministers Academy will be annually sponsored and hosted by The Heart of Texas Foundation, in partnership with TDCJ.
With the help of TDCJ and RPD, we are creating The Heart of Texas Foundation Field Ministers Academy.
- The Field Ministers Academy will be held annually for the most recent graduating class of the Scarborough College at Darrington.
- Upon graduation from Darrington, the entire class would then be designated as “Candidates” for appointment as Field Ministers.
- The Field Ministers Academy will be a highly focused, “on-the-job training” experience for the newly graduated class.
- Graduates of the Darrington program will be required to successfully complete The Heart of Texas Field Ministers Academy before being commissioned as “Texas Field Ministers.”
- The Field Ministers Academy will consist of a four-week, intensive, on-the-job training experience for the new graduating class.
We want to give the men the opportunity to transition well from student to Field Minister. We want them to have the added confidence that comes with on-the-job training to minister to men like Karl who you can hear from in the following video.